Sunday, October 18, 2009

MOVIE QUEUE

When I called Comcast a few weeks ago to see what was going to happen to my rate, now that my year's "bundled special" was over, I found out that it would cost me $50 a month for cable TV. So of course, I canceled it. Then Genevieve told me about www.hulu.com, so I can watch my few television shows online each week. That's working fine. On a roll now, I remembered hearing about Netflix and Blockbuster and how you can get movies sent to you by mail. So I signed up for the free trial at Blockbuster. We'll see how that works.

Now I have a movie queue. (Is that sister to Susie Q?) I thought I'd work my way through the Academy Award winners that appealed to me, so that's what's in my queue. I guess now I wait by the mailbox for my first movie to arrive.

Really, I could be -- maybe should be -- doing a lot of other things besides signing up for movie clubs. But right now, that's all the energy and interest I can muster. Maybe it's something about the autumn air, triggering the instinct to retreat to a cave to wait out the winter. Maybe I need to adjust my homeopathic remedy. Whatever. I'm enjoying reading four books at a time and looking forward to my movies. Don't worry; I did paint the bathroom today, went to yoga class, shopped for Gabrielle's Christmas gifts, took Gloria to the pumpkin patch, and made a yummy frittata for supper. So I am doing stuff. Like right now, I'm going to go check the popcorn supply.

See you at the movie.

2 comments:

  1. Jonnie bought himself an HD TV and for $15 a month, he gets Comcast basic cable. This gives him access to all of their HD programming, which seems to be better than extended cable. He can also stream movies from Netflix, which are like a bonus on his basic subscription. We are way overdue for a flat screen TV, so as soon as I've paid off the Oz trip and property taxes, I do believe we'll try that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what we did! We canceled our $30/month cable and got Netflix. I love the instant section!

    ReplyDelete