Wednesday, December 9, 2009

HARD CHOICES

My pillow's name is "Choices", according to its packaging. One side is soft and fluffy and the other is made of some sort of gel or whatever they use in temperapedic mattresses. I like that side usually, because it molds itself to my head and gives great support.

Except when it's cold. It has been very cold here lately and my bedroom is the coldest room in the house. We heat with wood, but we're too lazy to get up and keep the fire going all night, so we wake up to a 46 degree house. And that's in the warm part, where the thermostat is. I don't know how cold it is in my bedroom, but it feels like camping. Tucked up in my bed, my nose is cold.

But the bed is nice and warm. I'm telling you, heated mattress pads are the best thing ever! You would think the heat would soften up that gel or whatever it is in the choicest side of my pillow. But no, it is as hard as a plank. It actually makes me laugh, it is so unlike a pillow. So I flip it over to the soft side, but right through the fluff, I can feel that plank. Either side, a hard choice.

I toss Choices on the floor, and substitute my huggy pillow for my head. Not my first choice, but I'm sleeping fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment