Friday, November 27, 2009

GIVING THANKS

I'm sure you made a list, too, for Thanksgiving.

Here's mine--or at least the beginning of it:

hot running water (always top of the list--my favorite luxury)

the gospel of Jesus Christ (well, you know this is really tops)

family--the ones I get to live with, raise, know

family--the dead ones, to whom I owe so much

words

music

my body, which, despite its weaknesses, serves me well

sunshine!

natural beauty

my wonderfully comfortable bed

opportunity

enough money

vehicles for travel

revelation

prayer

church

friends

I could go on and on. Sometimes I do, in my prayers, and I never run out of things I thank God for. For He is the source of all the goodness in our lives. Gratitude is the best bad-mood-buster I know of.

So as I pack the car for our weekend trip to Seattle, while trying not to heed my 12-year-old's rantings about how her life sucks because we travel too much, I will continue to count my blessings. . .

the sun is out today

our woodstove keeps us toasty

my piano was recently tuned

my cold is much better today

I didn't ruin the turkey yesterday

leftovers!

. . . . . . . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment